It’s shopping season! Given the fact that I am so over food and cooking and eating right now (a feeling that I’m sure to get over in a day or two), I thought I’d do something a little different and share some of my favorite things from 2016. I don’t want to call it a gift guide because I think that gifts should be personal to…well, the person. These are things that I’ve either bought myself (and got compliments on!), saw and wanted, or were gifted and loved. If you’ve ever read me blabber on about whatever and thought, “Oh, she reminds me of so-and-so…,” then maybe so-and-so would want some of these things. Or maybe they will make their way onto your wish list. Anyway you look at it, my favorites are open to interpretation, but here they are. Also, sorry this is a day late for Cyber Monday. Don’t worry, the sales will continue!
Oh and none of these are affiliate links. I just really like this stuff.
Let’s get to it!
- Fan Gear. I got this idea from Lima who always gets that really sweet, expensive, licensed fan gear from her brother, and I realized I usually get my brother the same. Anyway, for the superfan in your life, check out Dick’s.
- THE MAC. I have this jacket (seen here) and love, love, LOVE it! It’s warm and rainproof and super cute and gets lots of compliments. Side note, I also love everything from Boden.
- Patagonia’s R1 Full Zip Fleece Jacket. Okay, I know you’re thinking that’s an expensive fleece. It is, but it’s really comfy and not bulky as an under layer. Perfect if you (or your giftee) are the outdoorsy type. I got one of these for my Nepal hike a few years ago and it really has become indispensable. It’s also great to catch when REI has one of its wicked sales.
- J.Crew Colorblock Half-Zip Jacket (and pants!). Remember those matchy-matchy sweats from the 80’s? Well, they’re back and I want them.
- Jenni Sparks “Hand drawn Map of London”. Last year when Lettuce and I were roaming around London and I came across this print by Jenni and am clearly still thinking about it. It’s on my wish list for when I have a new house with new walls to fill. Not a fan on London? Check out all her other cities (and it’s okay, we can still be friends).
- Victoria’s Secret Dreamer Flannel Collection. Okay, I really want allthejammies, but VS are still my fave.
- Hot Cinnamon Spice Harney & Sons Tea. While Yam, Lettuce and I were spa-hhing in Virginia a few years ago, we became obsessed with this tea. The perfect stocking stuffer, IMO.
- Passport Holders (Kate Spade). Admittedly, these are a little extravagant, but they are also adorable. Whatever ones you fancy, these are a great gift for your travelin’ friend.
- Whisk Necklace. Whisks are for some reason my favorite kitchen gadget, so when I saw this, I had to have it! They also have pretzels, pears, coffee, pistachios…
- Glass Bowls, set of 3. Mom got me these last year and they are just handy to have in the kitchen. I use mine all the time.
- SmartWool Hiking Socks. Like PJs, I can’t get enough of socks. These are made to last for even those who always seem to have holes in their socks (i.e. me). Plus, you can’t put a price on warm toes.
- Chicago Skyline String Art. Like the London map above, I can’t wait to put this in my future dream apartment. Also like the London map, there are more cities from which to pick!
- C.O. Bigelow Candles. I fell in love with the White Tea one years ago, which is now apparently hard to find. In any case, they really work without being overpowering.
- Marrying Mr. Darcy Board Game. I don’t have this. I want this. Both the game, and in reality. For those that love Jane.
- Alice in Wonderland Illustration Scarf. You saw the Pride and Prejudice one here, but I think these literary scarves are just the neatest.
- Cuisinart Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker. The reason that you see so much ice cream magic on these pages.
- The Flavour Principle by Lucy Waverman. Of all my cookbook purchases in 2016, this one wins. It’s not a “picture cookbook” so much, but all the recipes are spot on and delicious.
- Cream Patisserie Cake Carrier. I have been eyeing this one for months at World Market. Charming.
- Bon Voyage Wall Calendar. I’m very particular about my calendar each year; it has to be whimsical and cute and sort of go with the rest of the room. I also loved this one, and this is the one currently in my kitchen.
- Waverly Petite Crossbody Chevron. I have this one in blue/tan stripes and get compliments all the time. It can fold up, expand out, or act as a clutch. In any case, it IS clutch.
There you have it, my faves of 2016. Go forth and gift well.
*This post contains affiliate links.